An natural disaster hit northern Haiti late on Saturday, killing at least 14 people, injuring more than 100 and sparking a scramble by rescue agencies to help towns in the impoverished Caribbean country battered by the shockwave.
Haiti President Jovenel Moise indicated in his Twitter account that he was coordinating with Prime Minister Jean-Henry Ceant to bring support to the victims.
Government spokesmen said that 12 people had been reported dead so far, eight of them in Port-de-Paix, the capital of Haiti's Nord-Ouest department, and four others in Gros-Morne.
There has been a report of at least one death, Frantz Duval, a journalist with the Haitian newspaper Le Nouvelliste, said on Twitter.
Many buildings collapsed or were destroyed by the devastating quake after it struck the northwestern part of the Caribbean country on October 6.
The epicenter of the quake was located about 19 kilometers (11.5 miles) northwest of the city of Port-de-Paix, the US Geological Survey reported.
Many people in the Caribbean country fear a repeat of a massive 2010 quake that struck near the capital and left at least 200,000 people dead and 300,000 more injured.
The Cuban ambassador to Haiti, Luis Castillo, confirmed to Prensa Latina that the embassy went undamaged.
Damage was also reported at the Saint-Michel church in Plaisance and the police station in Port-de-Paix.
Authorities said more than 100 people were also injured when several buildings collapsed.
A 7.1-magnitude quake killed an estimated 220,000 to 300,000 people in the Caribbean nation in January 2010.
Damage was estimated to total 120 percent of GDP in Haiti, the poorest country in the western hemisphere.