KXIP vs KKR Live Score

A NY woman has launched a lawsuit against Samsung after her Galaxy Note 9 "became extremely hot" and began emitting thick smoke.

As per a report, Diane Chung had stopped using her phone when it became "too hot" and kept it inside the purse.

She placed it in her purse, but soon noticed smoke coming from the pouch. According to a report by NYPost, her new flagship device had combusted in her purse while she was in the elevator alone on 3 September.

The woman then tried to empty the contents of her purse on an elevator floor but to no avail. This continued until a good Samaritan picked the Note 9 with a cloth, and immersed it into a bucket of water.

The Galaxy Note9 is available for almost a month and this is the first alleged incident of a possible battery issue.

The Galaxy Note 9 reportedly catching fire will certainly grab Samsung's attention at the worst possible time, especially after the new 2018 iPhone lineup has officially gone on pre-order.

Chung calls the experience "traumatic" in her lawsuit, adding that the fire left her unable to contact clients and ruined everything in her bag. To assure safety to the new buyers, Samsung's head of mobile business, DJ Koh cleared the air by saying that Note 9 batteries are safe and have undergone an 8-step test.

Ms. Chung is now filing a lawsuit against Samsung that along with damages is seeking to ban any further sales of the Note 9. "Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore". Samsung has been confident about the battery inside the Galaxy Note 9, which is also why the company introduced a large 4,000mAh capacity, the biggest yet for a Galaxy smartphone. The Galaxy Note 9 has been launched in a number of markets around the world including India and has since received widespread praise. Samsung are of course taking the matter seriously and are investigating the incident even though it is just a single isolated incident - the Galaxy Note7 fiasco did have to start somewhere after all.


COMMENTS