KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Authorities have executed a search warrant at the home of a New Jersey couple who raised $400,000 online for a homeless good Samaritan who now claims they mismanaged the cash.

In a statement, Burlington County Prosecutor Scott A. Coffina confirmed a search warrant had been executed "in connection with a criminal investigation into the Johnny Bobbitt matter" but said the couple have not been charged with anything.

GoFundMe says a homeless veteran will get the remaining balance of funds he has not received after the man's lawyer says the account had been emptied.

The couple is being sued by Johnny Bobbitt, who gave Katelyn McClure $20 for gas late one night in 2017 when she was stranded in Philadelphia.

Superior Court Judge Paula Dow said Wednesday that Katie McClure and Mark D'Amico must appear Monday for a deposition in a suit filed by Johnny Bobbitt over the whereabouts of the cash raised through GoFundMe.

But the story did not have such a happy ending after plans to disperse the money went downhill and Bobbitt claimed the couple had not given him all the money they raised for him.

But an attorney for McClure and D'Amico said they provided Bobbitt with more than $200,000, according to CNN affiliates WPVI and KYW. "GoFundMe's goal has always been to ensure Johnny gets [the] support he deserves", Bobby Whithorne, GoFundMe director of North America communications, said in a statement. First, we learned that there was no money left in the GoFundMe account that McClure and her boyfriend set up, leading to the police raid.

"Johnny will be made whole and we're committing that he'll get the balance of the funds that he has not yet received or benefitted from".

"We'll continue to assist with the ongoing law enforcement investigation", the statement continued.

Can donors to Bobbitt's campaign get a refund?

Police took away the couple's BMW and bags and boxes of unknown items from their home.

"If they flee, they're taking the money with them", Jacqueline Promislo, another of Bobbitt's attorneys, told the Inquirer.

No charges have been filed. Bobbitt's lawyer, however, said the remaining money is gone, and it is unclear where the rest of the money went. The trusts were never established, D'Amico said.

The campaign benefiting Bobbitt - which raised more than $400,000 from roughly 14,000 people - began accepting donations in November, almost 10 months ago. The gesture quickly went viral, and the campaign raised more than $400,000 for Bobbitt, who at the time was living on the streets and struggling with drug addiction.

Chris Fallon, Bobbitt's attorney, also didn't immediately respond Thursday to a request for comment.

To Borochoff, the Bobbitt case is an example of why donors are better off contributing to nonprofits that are subject to regulations and financial reporting requirements.

GoFundMe has given $20,000 to a bank account created by Bobbitt's legal team to provide assistance during the investigation. Soon after the TV appearance, D'Amico urged Bobbitt in a text message to get rid of his lawyers, according to the Inquirer.

The couple reportedly gave the man $75,000 and promised to buy him a home, but the relationship deteriorated and he ended up with a camper on a piece of property owned by the couple.


COMMENTS